Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Its the thirteenth of October

Time flies, and it's been more than a year since I've made any entries here. Given my long break, I'm starting to wonder if anyone would be catching up on today's post =D

Allow me to say that the past 12 months have been eventful- a new place to call home, a new job that I started this year, my graduation as a Dip student, and now, in the final lapse of my advanced dip course.

Yes, there are certainly moments of ups and downs, the stress brought about by deadlines, the anxiety of what to expect in the future, but the Lord has been most gracious and seen me through all my apprehensions. My church friends took time off their schedules and turned out in full force to help us move- something that took my pre-believing aunt by surprise. This will be an event I will always remember fondly.

I never considered myself as an academic-let alone the ability to do well for my studies. It was with much doubt and apprehension that I embarked upon this long-overdue course of study. Over the past months, I have forged precious friendships, learnt new things, and emerged more confident of myself.

"If the Lord leads you to it, He will bring you through it." This claim I hold close to me, even as I struggle against my inadequacies and put my best foot forward for the final laps of my current course.

Every job presents its set of challenges, and my current job requires of me to deal with people, to be answerable to a committee, and to deal with matters fairly and objectively. I shall not claim that I am the most patient person ever- in contrast, I must confess that my patience has been put to the test. In retrospect, this could be an opportunity for me to grow in patience and love for others. I am immensely thankful for the support and concern shown by my colleagues and bosses.

On this note, I shall end off this post, looking forward to a rewarding shower and a good night's sleep! You can expect more in the following posts. (:

No comments: