Tuesday, July 28, 2009

the official.

Finally, I managed to obtain a copy of the original floor plan- and as expected, I realised that my previous, self made drawing of the place was really out of scale. Well, here's a duper low res version of the plan. You can scroll down, view mine, and appreciate how out of proportion it was. Hah.



well, this just goes to show how original the house is, minus some minor additions in terms of cabinets, and the little touches that makes a house a home. At least my ID chums (you know who you are) and I have something official to work with!

I guess I'm gonna be emotional here by mentioning that I feel a slight tinge of sadness and perhaps nostalgia as I collected the floor plan today. In the past, this was always done by my dad. I would remember how he would religiously enlarge the floor plan and sketch the position of the furniture. As a child, I was fascinated. As a teenager, I would often counter-suggest the way the furniture was placed, and would even re-orientate the positioning in my room several times. As an adult, I guess I would say that this is a trait I would have inherited from both my parents- the habit of visualization and planning.

So much for the emotional segment of today's post. My project deadlines and exams are coming up faster than I think, and its time to floor the pedal!

Blessed week all of ya.

No comments: