Monday, July 20, 2009

Monday!

Its a start to a brand new week again.

I woke up several times last night, to the sounds of some stray cat mewing outside my room, my brother's alarm clock, and the flurry of activities associated with the morning rush hours. I finally woke up at nine-thirty. I hope my friends managed to catch a good rest and wake up on time today.

We had a crazy night celebrating a sister's 21st birthday. Somehow that venue is synonymous with 21st birthday parties. Yesterday's would have been the sixth or seventh I've attended. That few of us polar bears hid in a room, staying away from the crowd and heat outside and laughing our hearts out. What a nice way to spend a Sunday evening.

I was pleasantly surprised that M came up to me and spoke to me on Sunday morning. On a very frank note, I had made efforts to minimize interaction with him over the past one month. Predictably, M is always the gentleman that makes the first move, and he's proven it once again by coming up to speak to me. I'm glad we were able to share some pleasant moments and genuine smiles (:

M we should talk heart to heart soon. I guess we need to clear the air?

We ended off the day by heading down to the airport to receive our mission team. The ten days of hard labor showed on their faces (some of them were sick for a couple of days) but it seemed that nothing would dampen their cheerful spirit. I believe that God has used them mightily for His works.

We were on the way to the airport and we started chatting about ministry stuff, and one of the brothers casually mentioned on the topic of the PA ministry once more. I genuinely believe that his intent was to motivate us to be Christlike and loving towards one another.

All that I can say is that I felt misunderstood, and it certainly felt like a slap in the face. That was despite my knowledge of his good intentions. Internally, I was wondering if I was a complete communication failure or what.

I don't even know how to continue writing anymore, but in a nutshell I felt grossly condemned and misunderstood. I hope I will be able to express again that my concerns always revolved around the attitudes, and certainly not by the mistakes they made.

Right. It doesn't really matter now. I just had to express myself. And this wraps up my Monday post!

No comments: